Friday, September 21, 2007

Butane Variations @Wilberts 10.5

Butane Variations. Brooklyn alt-country six-piece. Soul ballads, road-weary escape anthems, garage stompers, and more. Mixed and mastered by Bryce Goggin [Pavement, Clem Snide] and Alan Douches [Sufjan Stevens, Animal Collective]. RIYL: Wilco, The Band, the melodic side of Pavement early '70s era Neil Young, sung in a voice like Paul Simon.

This from Chris, cousin of Elizabeth Kenney:

Since I graduated with my Master's Degree I've been sure to go the true artist's route and choose to do something that will inevitably NEVER make me any money, play in a band. I'm sure my father is very proud...

Anyway, I'll get my act together some day, and better the world, but in the meantime, I've been geeking out in a basement on the Lower East Side of Manhattan with some of my closest musical friends, in a band called Butane Variations. What has come of it are 2 records, both of which we think are pretty cool. Our full-length record, self titled "Butane Variations", hit stores today, and since our PR company sucks, (or we just couldn't pay them enough) we have had to take up the slack and do some shameless self-promotion. Anyway, if you want to check it out, I have included the link for our record company, where you can buy the CD in hard copy. I also am including 2 tracks for you to check out, and if you are "New School" you can buy the record on itunes. Let me know what you think...

Chris

www.achordrecordings.com/Store.html

www.myspace.com/butanevariations

www.wilbertsmusic.com

No comments: